Sign up to drop off your compostable products at one of our Chaffee County Locations:
- Salida: Downtown @ 1st & C Streets(Map)
- Buena Vista: @ Crossman & Pleasant Ave. (Map)
- Poncha Springs: @ Palmer Ave (Map)
Find us on Google Maps
Most food scraps and yard waste accepted. See the full list on the right or download a PDF here.
Reduce your waste by composting!
How it works:
- Sign upfor a subscription - just $8/month per household!
- We will email you the padlock codes for our drop-off locations.
- Bring your foodscraps and compostable materials in a bucket or compostable bag and drop them in our bins.
- Bring leaves or other acceptable yard waste (no branches or weeds!) in a separate bag and leave next to our bins.
- You can access the drop off sites 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We change the lock codes periodically so please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts and keep an eye out for emails from us.
- Your subscription will renew automatically unless you unsubscribe.
- The items you drop off become nutrient-rich soil that is available for sale in either bagged or bulk quantities.
- Up to 30% of waste going into our landfill is compostable and could be recycled into soil products
- Composting reduces greenhouse gas emissions by up to 95% compared to landfilling where organic waste rots and produces toxic methane gases.
- The compost and soil products we make support local agriculture and help close the loop on our food systems
- Our businesses is locally owned and operated - by joining our programs, you're supporting sustainable green jobs in our community
Have questions? Contact us to learn more!